Lowest Price Guarantee
The CCM Tacks Ice Hockey Skates are the premier skates in the Tacks Line and have the fastest 5 strides in hockey to date. CCM accomplished this with the carbon fiber structure called the Carbon Twill AttackFrame™. It is designed with pro-level stiffness so that it can store energy that is directly returned into a player's stride. The T6 Pro Core works hand in hand with the AttackFrame™, providing the proper support and stability that all high-end hockey players need.
The SpeedBlade 4.0 Holder and the SpeedBlade HyperGlide Runners were first debuted on the flagship RBZ Skates. The totally redesigned holder sits 4 mm higher than the previous E-Pro holder, which allows players to lean over even further on their edges without bottoming out. These hold the HyperGlide Runners that have a finely polished finish, reducing drag and increasing glide. The lightweight full-composite outsole has a very stiff structural design, helping players to get the most power out of each stride.
The Dual-Zone Clarino Liner is a pro-favorite because of it's longevity, comfort and moisture-management properties. To combat high ankle abrasions, CCM included new comfort wraps on the inner and outer quarter package lips, plus one dead center on the Tendon Guard.
- Ordering Process:
- Step #1: Select CCM Tacks Skate size
- Step #2: Select Custom Support Insole size
- Model Number: SKJ
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Skate Fit Guidelines: High Volume / deep heel pocket - wide forefoot - high instep
- Sizing Guidelines: CCM Tacks skates generally fit 2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Carbon Twill Composite AttackFrame™
- Strategic carbon placement creates excellent structural support that directly translates into pure power and agility
- Formula T6 Pro Core
- Working with the AttackFrame™ Quarter, this inner core gives players top-notch stiffness for extreme explosiveness while maintaining a high-level of comfort internally
- Dual Zone Clarino
- Offers professional-grade durability, comfort and moisture management
- Tongue Construction:
- Integrated Pro EPE Foam with high-density, exposed lace-bite guards
- Full pro-spec tongue that comes in a lightweight package
- EPE Foams mold to the top of the foot during the baking process for an even better fit
- Custom Support Insoles™
- Arch-specific insoles ensure complete contact between the midsole and the bottom of the foot, increasing reaction time, speed and comfort
- Included in the Product Review Video is a demonstration that can be done at home to see what arch type and insole is best for you
- Extra Stiff Vented Carbon Fiber Composite
- Premier outsole for it's lightweight design, first class stiffness and excellent energy transfer
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Speed Blade 4.0 Holders
- The CCM Speed Blade Holder sits 4 mm higher than previous CCM holders, allowing for one of the most aggressive turning radius in the game
- SpeedRibs utilize a triangular design that increases torsional resistance, which in turn helps get the most speed and power possible out of the holder
- SpeedBlade Hyper-Glide Runner
- Finely polished steel provides extra glide with less drag, resulting in superior speed
- Similar concept to wax on the bottom of a ski
- Weight of a Size 9D Skate:
- 839 grams
Comments: Very comfortable skates. Great protection, I've blocked tons of shots with these and barely felt a thing. The runners seem to glide better than the Bauer ones I've used previously. They are very stiff and have great energy transfer through the ice. The only negative is that the liner has started to rip after about half a season.
From: Aidan, Toronto, ON, Canada
Comments: I've got about 6 months in on these skates and I absolutely love them. I noticed an immediate improvement in my speed as soon as I started skating in them over my previous Vapors, and also found tight turns and sharp cuts to be easier as well. I've been playing at least twice a week since I got them and the only signs of wear are a couple of superficial slashes from contact with other players skates, and the Hyperglide runners hold an edge seemingly forever. Combined with the CCM insoles, these have been the most comfortable skates I've ever worn. If they fit your foot type, I highly recommend them
From: Chris, Malden, MA
Comments: I have been using these for a while now and must say, they are the best skates I have used.
From: Tim, Houston, TX
Comments: Great stiff boot with loads of protection. Great for players who play at high levels.
From: Stone, Blaine, MN
Other Items to Consider
CCM Tacks Ice Hockey Skates 2015
The CCM Tacks 2052 Ice Hockey Skates are the entry level model in the Tacks Line, making them ideal for the casual or new-to-hockey player. The 2052 Tacks come with CCM's new SpeedBlade Pro Holder and SB Stainless Steel Runners. The Sublimated Nylon Quarter Package has a comfortable out of the box fit with ample support for recreational play.