|Bauer Vapor 1X Ice Hockey Skates Sr||
Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Vapor 1X Skate's 3D lasted Curv™ composite quarter package offers the highest level of rigidity and stability around. The updated X-rib design, which looks identical to the OD1N skate, helps to shed weight while improving support, just like the new Curv™ composite ankle support. This new Curv™ insert not only helps to make the skate lighter but it allows the skate to form even better around the foot than the previous plastic insert. Both of these updates and the Aluminized finish of the Curv™ composite are products of the game-changing OD1N Concept Project.
The liner of the Vapor 1X skate introduces exciting new technology to Bauer's skate line as well. The 37.5™ Polyester Liner embeds microparticles into the fabric that utilize a player's body heat to evaporate sweat five times quicker than traditional materials. This not only keeps feet dry during the game, but it helps to prevent water soaking into the liner and adding weight, which can be monumentum-swinging near the end of a game. The revolutionary Speed Plate footbed enhances stability, balance and energy transfer like never before. This thermoformable footbed shapes to a player's foot and arch; therefor providing strategic support for the foot, eliminating negative space internally and provides unparalleled heel-lock with a custom shaped heel cup.
The Vapor 1X's hybrid-style tongue minimizes weight by incorporating Curv™ composite into the metatarsal guard, yet it still maintains a traditional fit and feel with its thick white felt construction. The updated Injected Stability Lacing System wraps over the top of the foot better for a better overall fit that does not sacrifice forward flex. The 4th and 5th eyelet (from the top of the boot) utilize a t-shape opening design for supple lace-lock, keeping skates consistently tight throughout an entire game.
The Tuuk Edge Holders show off Bauer's new premier steel, the LS4's. These premium-grade steel runners sit at a pro-preferred height for maximum strength and durability.
- Model Number: 1045920
- Heritage: Vapor APX2
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Skate Fit Guidelines: Low Volume / shallow heel pocket - narrow forefoot - low instep
- Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- 3D Lasted, Aluminized Curv™ Composite with thermoformed X-rib pattern
- New Curv™ composite ankle support reduces the overall weight, increases stiffness and allows the boot to conform to a player's foot better than ever before (derived from the OD1N skate project)
- Redesigned X-rib design (seen when looking at the rear of the boot) provides unparalleled responsiveness via stiffness and and support throughout the back of the boot (derived from the OD1N skate project)
- Integrated wear patches in high-wear zones for enhanced durability
- Fully thermo-formable uppers for an unrivaled, personalized fit after the baking process
- Injected Stability Lacing System
- One-piece design makes it lighter and 33% easier to forward flex compared to a traditional eyelet system
- 4th and 5th eyelets from the top feature lace-locking eyelets that keep the skate laced tight throughout the entire game
- 37.5™ Polyester Liner with Total Edge Comfort patches
- Durable material with integrated microparticles that utilize body heat to evaporate and release sweat. This translates into dryer feet during the game, a less water-logged and lighter skate at the end of the game that dries out much quicker than a traditional liner.
- Total Edge Comfort alleviates high ankle abrasions
- Internal Wear Patches
- Prevent liner wear and from shin guards consistent usage and shin guard movements
- Ankle Padding:
- Lightweight Memory Foam Ankle Pads
- Tongue Construction:
- Form Fit Lite with Curv™ Composite
- Hybrid-style with high-density injected foams for pro-level protection
- Innovative tongue with a lightweight design that maintains a traditional fit and feel
- Anaform Speed Plate with Ortho-resin Technology
- The product of cutting edge research and design that enhances balance, improves energy transfer and increases overall agility
- Fully thermoformable to precisely fit to the bottom of the foot
- Arch-area adapts to the player for personalized support
- Heel cup forms for better heel-lock and stability
- Marries up the outsole and "footbed" for
- Full Lightweight Composite with exhaust vents
- Rigid and stiff design maximizes energy transfer through each stride
- Vents allow the skate to expel moisture out of the bottom of the boot
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Tuuk LightSpeed Edge Holder
- Most popular holder in the NHL due to the innovative trigger system that allows broken or damaged runners to be swapped out in seconds
- The front and rear posts are 3mm taller than traditional holders, providing one of the most aggressive turning radius' on the market.
- Tuuk LightSpeed Edge Holder
- Tuuk LightSpeed LS4 Steel Runners
- Bauer's premium steel with pro-preferred height
- Higher grade steel that holds an edge longer
- 10' Radius
- Weight of a Size 9D skate: 793 grams (+42g for a SpeedPlate Footbed)
Comments: Ive had these for about half a year and there doing great. PLaying Junior AAA you would expect them to where down fast but they didnt great job bauer
From: Andre, Tolland, CT
Comments: Would like to give a thorough review of the skate. Previously used the apx2 skate.
Tongue: Better support and excellent forward flex compared to the apx 2, also shorter and the curve composite is a great upgrade.
Ankle support: the new od1n skate aluminum ankle support is a nice upgrade. Molded better to the foot and is noticeably lighter. No break in time
Ls4 runner: not a fan of the 10 radius so I swapped out for the steel for the ls fusion since it's a 9 ft runner.
Injected lace system: better fit and wrap on the foot, no need for wax laces and they stay tight throughout the practice or game
Speed plate insole: I like the way it molded, but it feels like it slides in the skate a little. No pain at all in the arch or footbed. I wear the bauer premium socks as well. I do notice improved balance and improved speed though. I just wish it had the grip like the foot bed.
Overall impressions: Noticeable upgrade from the apex 2. Better balance, improved quicker turning and quick acceleration. This skate is 10 out of 10
From: Todd, Pittsburgh, PA