Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Nexus 5000 Ice Hockey Skates are a great choice for the entry to intermediate level player. The Nexus 5000 features a fully thermoformable quarter package for a custom and personalized fit. The quarter package shell utilizes Integrated Speed Flex Channels that are similar to the Vapor-Series' X-Ribs, providing support and stability for the entire skate.
- Model Number: 1043507
- Heritage: Nexus 400
- Level Of Play Guideline: Performance
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Nexus boot are medium-high volume, narrow heel area, medium-wide across the top of the foot and a medium-wide toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 ½ sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Variable Stiffness Compression-Molded EVA with Sport Nylon and Integrated Speed Flex Channels
- Quarter offers sound rigidity for a powerful stride and a durable shell casing
- Hydrophobic Microfiber
- Wicks away moisture to keep feet dry and to reduce the skate's drying time
- Heel Support:
- Patented pro-integrated anatomical heel and ankle support
- Tongue Construction:
- Anatomical 40 oz. Two-Piece White Felt with a foam metatarsal guard
- Pro Sublimated TPR Plastic
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Tuuk LightSpeed Edge holder3 mm taller in the front and rear post to provide a more aggressive turning radium without bottoming out
- Innovative trigger system allows the runners to be changed in seconds, keeping you on the ice and not sidelined
- Tuuk LightSpeed 2 Edge Super Stainless Steel Runner
- Optimized height for tighter turns and a longer lifespan
- Weight of a 9D Skate:
- 879 grams
Comments: I just bought these skates and haven’t had a chance to try them on the ice, yet. I went into this purchase thinking that I wanted to buy the 6000’s, but after comparing them to the 5000’s, I just couldn’t enough differences to justify spending an additional $100.
About me: I’m a lifelong beer/rec league player. If I’m lucky, I get to skate 2 times a week. I’m switching from CCM to Bauer. My previous skates were CCM U10’s. I was having some issues with heel slippage. I was looking for a skate that would not hurt my feet, resolve my heel slippage issues, and give me a high level of performance for 2-3 years. I think I have found a skate that will meet these expectations.
Initial impression: After lacing them up and walking around for a few minutes, I can tell that these skates won’t cause me the excruciating pain in my arch that I got from skating in the Supreme line. Both heels feel very “locked” into the back of the skate and they have plenty of room in the arch and toe box for my foot anatomy. These skates are designed for skaters with wide and flat feet. The boot is VERY stiff, which is nice for a skate in this price point. The workmanship and quality seems to be very solid for a $200 skate.
I will do another review in the future, after I’ve had a chance to try them out on the ice and get a feel for how they perform. I rely heavily on reviews when I make hockey equipment purchases. I hope this review helps other players make an informed purchase.
From: Derek, OK
Comments: These are the most comfortable skate out of the vapors ans supreme i definatley recommend this skate
From: Ness, AZ
Other Items to Consider
Bauer Nexus Ice Hockey Skates
The Bauer Nexus 1N Skate is the most explosive skate from any Nexus or FlexLite family to date. For the first time in Nexus, Bauer utilized their signature one-piece lacing system that not only improves forward flex by 33% but it also improves stability and energy transfer through each stride.
The Bauer Nexus N9000 Skates are a step down from the 1N's but for the first time in the Nexus Line, this second price point features a full Curv Composite quarter package. Bauer has been using Curv in their premier skates due to the pro-preferred properties it brings to the table. The composite is lighter, stiffer, more durable and better at molding around a player's foot.
The Bauer Nexus N8000 Skates are an ideal choice for intermediate to advanced players who are looking for better support and responsiveness. The Pro-Level Tech Mesh Nylon Quarter Package is not only built with significantly enhanced stiffness but it's also fully thermoformable, reducing break-in time and providing a more personalized fit.
The Bauer Nexus N7000 Skates is the first performance-level skate in the Nexus Line and has the features to back it up. The lowers consist of NHL's most popular holder, the Tuuk LightSpeed Edge, and its quick release trigger system. It attaches to the Injected TPR outsole that works hand in hand with the traditional Tech Mesh quarter package.
The Bauer Nexus N6000 Skates are the entry-level model in the third generation Nexus Line. The Bauer N6000 skate is built with traditional materials for a classic fit and feel. The Lightweight Mesh quarter package provides the recreational or new to hockey players an appropriate level of stiffness and support. The brushed nylon liner offers plenty of comfort while also helping to wick away moisture.