Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Nexus 8000 Ice Hockey Skates are the premier offering in this 2nd Generation Nexus Line. For the first time in the Nexus Family, this flagship 8000 utilizes a full 3D-lasted Curv® Composite Quarter Package that provides pro-level stiffness, support and stability.
Prior to this 8000, no other Nexus (or FlexLite) Skate featured Bauer's signature 3D-lasted Curv® Composite Quarter that's used on the Vapor APX 2 and the Supreme MX3. The 3D lasting process enables Bauer to offer a boot that is much more anatomically correct than the previous 1000, meaning the bootform more naturally wraps around the foot for better fit and feel. The Curv® composite material is also incredibly lightweight and stiff, all features sought by NHL'ers.
The outsole is constructed of a lightweight composite, aiding in an efficient energy transfer through each stride. Underneath it is the Tuuk Edge Holder that sits 3mm taller in the front and rear post, allowing for an aggressive turning radius. It also features a quick release trigger for the steel so that a player can swap out their set in seconds, keeping them off of the bench and on the ice. The steel itself is the premier steel from Tuuk, called LS Fusion. This steel is 27% lighter than traditional steel because it fuses aluminum and steel together
- Model Number: 1043501
- Heritage: Nexus 1000
- Level Of Play Guideline: Elite
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Nexus boot are medium-high volume, narrow heel area, medium-wide across the top of the foot and a medium-wide toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 ½ sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- 3D AnaFormable Curv© Composite material
- Provides a professional-level of stiffness and responsiveness in a featherlight package
- Excellent heatmoldability allows for a true 360° personalized fit for everyone's foot shape
- Fully thermoformable
- Hydra Max 2 with High-Frequency Wear Pads
- Abrasion-resistant and comfortable liner that wicks away moisture and keeps the foot locked in
- Total Edge Comfort Pads
- Minimize wear, tear and discomfort at the tops of the ankles
- Ankle Padding:
- AnaForm Ankle Padding
- Heel Support:
- Patented pro-integrated anatomical heel and ankle support
- Anatomical 52 oz. Three-Piece White Felt with a molded metatarsal guard
- Form-Fit+ with Stability Grip Print and Moisture Management System
- Full Composite for a responsive and lightweight feel
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Tuuk LightSpeed Edge Holder
- 3mm taller in the front and rear post to provide a more aggressive turning radius without bottoming out
- Innovative trigger system allows the runners to be changed in seconds, keeping you off of the bench
- Tuuk LS Fusion Edge Runner
- Revolutionary runner design that capitalizes on the strength of steel and the weight of aluminum, reducing the overall weight by 27%
- Elite stainless steel lower with a high-grade aluminum upper
- Tuuk LightSpeed Edge Holder
- Weight of 9D Skate:
- 703 grams
Comments: Amazing Skates!!! I have had these skates for a month and they are amazing. They are very stiff and comfortable. Very little break in period. My 3rd night with these skate I refereed 4 games in a row and my feet never hurt. I would strongly recommend these skates!!!
From: Bob H, Fremont, CA
Other Items to Consider
Bauer Nexus Ice Hockey Skates
The Bauer Nexus 1N Skate is the most explosive skate from any Nexus or FlexLite family to date. For the first time in Nexus, Bauer utilized their signature one-piece lacing system that not only improves forward flex by 33% but it also improves stability and energy transfer through each stride.
The Bauer Nexus N9000 Skates are a step down from the 1N's but for the first time in the Nexus Line, this second price point features a full Curv Composite quarter package. Bauer has been using Curv in their premier skates due to the pro-preferred properties it brings to the table. The composite is lighter, stiffer, more durable and better at molding around a player's foot.
The Bauer Nexus N8000 Skates are an ideal choice for intermediate to advanced players who are looking for better support and responsiveness. The Pro-Level Tech Mesh Nylon Quarter Package is not only built with significantly enhanced stiffness but it's also fully thermoformable, reducing break-in time and providing a more personalized fit.
The Bauer Nexus N7000 Skates is the first performance-level skate in the Nexus Line and has the features to back it up. The lowers consist of NHL's most popular holder, the Tuuk LightSpeed Edge, and its quick release trigger system. It attaches to the Injected TPR outsole that works hand in hand with the traditional Tech Mesh quarter package.
The Bauer Nexus N6000 Skates are the entry-level model in the third generation Nexus Line. The Bauer N6000 skate is built with traditional materials for a classic fit and feel. The Lightweight Mesh quarter package provides the recreational or new to hockey players an appropriate level of stiffness and support. The brushed nylon liner offers plenty of comfort while also helping to wick away moisture.
The Bauer Nexus 7000 Pro Stock Skates utilize pro-preferred features not found on the retail version, such as a stiffer Tech Mesh quarter package, upgraded Tuuk LS3 Edge Runners and a Grip liner. Not only do these enhance performance also durability too!
Sizes Available: 7.0, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0