Lowest Price Guarantee
The Bauer Vapor APX custom ice skate is the Alexander Ovechkin special edition version of the APX skate. The special edition APX skate features all the same great specs as the standard edition but with the unique look of Ovi. The only difference between the special and standard editions are the Elite ProLace skate laces actually used by Alexander Ovechkin.
The Bauer ALIVE composite upper in the Bauer Vapor skate is built to provide players with the distinct "Vapor" attributes, while significantly reducing the weight. The NEW X-rib design provides structural support and stability throughout the boot, allowing for faster acceleration and quicker turns. The angle of the boot is cut aggressive to allow great forward flex.
The Form-Fit 3 tongue is designed and engineered to priced the same fit and feel as as the previous Form-fit 2 while enhancing lace bite protection. By exposing the metatarsal guard, it enables the laces of the skate to slide up and down the tongue vs. compressing the internal foam, thus enhancing comfort and reducing break-down.
Bauer has also introduced the new Hydra-Max 2 liner which is one part moisture wicking, one part abrasion-resistant with integrated comfort wrap. Together it adds up to a superior liner that keeps the feet dry and cool while locking the heel in tight. The durable CLARINO® top layer minimizes wear and tear around the top of the ankle. Featuring a NEW integrated comfort wrap designed to alleviate abrasion high on the ankle during the break-in process and added comfort throughout the life of the skate.
Even the footbed has been upgraded on the Bauer Vapor APX skate! Bauer has introduced the Form-Fit+ footbed with ERGOTOE protection. The ERGOTOE is customizable and offers increased forefoot and toe comfort. To help decrease the overall weight without sacraficing and performance the Bauer Vapor APX ice skate features the Tuuk LS fusion runner that combines steel with aluminum reducing the weight by 27%
- Model Year: 2011
- Model Number: 1036997 custom
- Heritage: New for 2011
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advance to pro level player
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the Vapor boot are low-medium volume, medium ankle area, medium across top of foot and forefoot and medium toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: Bauer skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package: 3D lasted Anaformable Bauer ALIVE composite upper with X-rib pattern
- Provides a more comfortable and responsive skate
- Thermoformable design allows a true 360° custom fit for any foot shape
- Hydra Max 2 liner
- Integrated TOTAL EDGE comfort
- Heel Support:
- Exterior 3D injected heel cup
- Ankle Padding:
- Lightweight Anaform Fit foam ankle pads
- Tongue Construction: FORM-FIT 3 molded tongue
- With integrated and enhanced lace bite channel and abrasion resistant metatarsal guard
- FORM-FIT+ with ERGOTOE protection and grip,
- NEW integrated and customizable toe protection
- Moisture management and heel stabilizer
- Outsole: NEW ultra lightweight, vented carbon composite
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Tuuk Lightspeed 2
- Tuuk Fusion runner - Revolutionary runner design that fuses strength of steel with the weight of aluminum reducing the weight by 27%.
- Elite stainless steel lower
- High-grade aluminum upper
- Weight of a Size 9D Skate: 788.1 grams
- Made In:
Other Items to Consider
Bauer Vapor Ice Hockey Skates
Speed and Agility
The Bauer Vapor APX 2 Ice Hockey Skates have raised the bar in high performance hockey skates. With an all new LightSpeed Edge holder with a quick release button for the runner and injected stability lacing system, the Vapor APX 2's allow you to turn tighter than ever before with unparalleled explosive power.
The Bauer Vapor X100 Ice Hockey Skates are a more traditional "Vapor" skate design compared to the APX 2 skate. While it doesn't have the injected stability lacing system, most other key specs are the same as the flagship Vapor skate including a full composite quarter package.
The Bauer Vapor X90 Ice Hockey Skates offer great performance features at a great value. The X-Rib pattern, Tuuk Edge Holder and full composite outsole will help take anyone's game to the next level.
The Bauer Vapor X80 Ice Hockey Skates offers great performance at a great value. The Vapor X80 takes a big jump in performance, especially in the lower portion of the skate. The fiber composite outsole and Tuuk LS2 stainless steel will blow the competition away.
The Bauer Vapor X70 Ice Hockey Skates are a great choice for an intermediate level skate. The Vapor X70 offer great performance specs while maintaining a forgiving feel in the quarter package. This is perfect for the players who are still working on their game.
The Bauer Vapor X60 Ice Hockey Skates are ideal for the recreational player who's looking for a solid performing skate at a good price. The most unique feature at this price point is the all new Tuuk LightSpeed Edge holder that sits 3mm taller offering an unbelievable turning radius as well as a quick release trigger system that allows the runners to be swapped out in seconds.
The Bauer Vapor X50 Ice Hockey Skates are an excellent choice for the player just starting out but want a high quality skate. The Vapor X50 skate is constructed of a durable woven nylon that provides support while staying forgiving. The tongue is a traditional white felt tongue that protects the top of the foot and is comfortable too.