Lowest Price Guarantee
The CCM Tacks 3052 Ice Hockey Skates are an excellent choice for the beginner who wants more than just a beginner-level skate. CCM used their new Nylon AttackFrame™ Quarter Package with a Formula T3 Core. This fully heatmoldable quarter can help accelerate the learning process of a powerful stride.
Just like the AttackFrame™, the 3052 Tacks are the first model in the Tacks Line to use CCM's premier SpeedBlade 4.0 Holder. This pro-spec'd holder is 4mm taller than the longstanding E-Pro Holder, enabling players to lean over even further on their edges without bottoming out, resulting in aggressive cuts and turns.
- Model Number: SKJ30
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Performance
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the CCM Tacks boot are medium-high volume; medium volume in the ankle area, the top of foot, the forefoot and the toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: CCM Tacks skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Nylon AttackFrame™
- Offers increased structural support for more explosiveness and speed
- Formula T3 Core
- Acts as the boot's backbone; providing support, stiffness and comfort
- Heat Moldable
- Soft to the touch
- Tongue Construction:
- 7mm Two-Piece, High-Density White Felt
- Injected foam insert for lace-bite and impact protection
- Standard CCM footbed
- Low-profile Injected Plastic
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Speed Blade 4.0 Holders with SpeedBlade Stainless Steel Runners
- The CCM Speed Blade Holder sits 4 mm higher than previous CCM holders, allowing for one of the most aggressive turning radius in the game
- SpeedRibs utilize a triangular design that increases torsional resistance, which in turn helps get the most speed and power possible out of the holder
- Weight of a Size 9D Skate:
- 829 grams
Comments: I have been skating on my 3052 Tacks for about two years now. They are a great improvement over my old 952 Tacks. They are comfortable and light. I skate 2-3 times a week and after two years the quarter package is starting to delaminate. This can be due to my size. I am 210lbs and may need a stiffer boot. I will probably upgrade to the pro level Tacks or the 6052. It's a great skate for pick up and low level beer league but, if you are in a competitive league , look into the higher end models.
From: Thomas, Riverdale, MD
Comments: I've been skating and playing hockey for over 20 years. I like CCM, my last pair before the 3052 were the 1980 CCM Ultra Tacks. When I use my ultra tacks it's business as usual. But the 3052 Tacks is like learning to skate all over again.
Personally, I think it's all about this 4mm rise in altitude on the holders. Couldn't figure out what was going on. I'd like to tear the holders off with my dentures and put on some old black Bauer or CCM holders from years gone by. Incase any one is wandering, helmets were optional when I started playing, so 20 years might be off, make it closer to 35 years using CCM.
One Star out of Five. Might try to exchange them for another brand.
From: Tom, Ashburn, VA
Other Items to Consider
CCM Tacks Ice Hockey Skates 2015
The CCM Tacks Ice Hockey Skates are the premier skates in the Tacks Line and have the fastest 5 strides in hockey to date. CCM accomplished with the carbon fiber structure called the Carbon Twill AttackFrame™. It is designed with pro-level stiffness so it can store energy that directly returns into a player's stride. The core works with the AttackFrame™, providing the proper support and stability that all high-end hockey players need.
Sizes Available: 11.5, 12.0
The CCM Tacks 4052 Ice Hockey Skates offer a ton of value for the intermediate level player who's looking for advanced performance. The thick, white felt tongue and Dual-Zone Liner gives the player a professional fit and feel. The upgraded AttackFrame™ Quarter Package and the heat moldable T4 Core provide solid power and increases longevity.
Sizes Available: 6.0, 9.0
The CCM Tacks 2052 Ice Hockey Skates are the entry level model in the Tacks Line, making them ideal for the casual or new-to-hockey player. The 2052 Tacks come with CCM's new SpeedBlade Pro Holder and SB Stainless Steel Runners. The Sublimated Nylon Quarter Package has a comfortable out of the box fit with ample support for recreational play.