Lowest Price Guarantee
The CCM Tacks 5052 Ice Hockey Skates are a great choice for players who want a high performance skate that doesn't break the bank. CCM gave the 5052's a stiff Fiber-Reinforced AttackFrame™ Quarter Package with a Formula T5 Core, which translates into explosive agility and speed. The Tacks 5052's have a great out-of-the-box fit that gets better once they have been heat molded, providing personalized comfort for maximum performance.
Internally, CCM used a pro-spec dual-zone Clarino and Duratex liner for it's durability and moisture-wicking properties. The tongue was also upgraded for a more professional-like feel by incorporating thicker foams with a high-density lace-bite guard. The Speed Blade 4.0 Holder offers an aggressive turning radius since it sits 4.0 mm higher in the front and rear post, allowing players to lean over even further on their edges without bottoming out.
- Model Number: SKJ50
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Performance
- Fit Guidelines: General fit aspects of the CCM Tacks boot are medium-high volume; medium volume in the ankle area, the top of foot, the forefoot and the toe box.
- Sizing Guidelines: CCM Tacks skates generally fit 1 1/2 sizes down from your regular shoe size
- Quarter Package:
- Fiber-reinforced AttackFrame™
- Offers lightweight structural support for more explosiveness and speed
- Formula T5 Core
- Acts as the boot's backbone; providing more stiffness for better performance and increased longevity
- Dual Zone Duratex and Clarino
- Durable pro-spec liner that wicks away moisture and offers a solid level of comfort
- Tongue Construction:
- 7mm Two-Piece White Felt with EVA Foam
- Professional level of thickness with high-density lace-bite guards
- EVA Foams mold to the top of the foot during the baking process for an even better fit
- F.I.T. System
- Vented Fiber Nylon Composite
- Blade Holder and Runner:
- Speed Blade 4.0 Holders with SpeedBlade Stainless Steel Runners
- The CCM Speed Blade Holder sits 4 mm higher than previous CCM holders, allowing for one of the most aggressive turning radius in the game
- SpeedRibs utilize a triangular design that increases torsional resistance, which in turn helps get the most speed and power possible out of the holder
- Weight of a Size 9D Skate:
- 898 grams
Comments: I picked up these skates for great price at National Sports in Brampton Ontario and am not dissappointed. Their light,responsive and the fit was perfect from the start. The new higher blade holder lets me get over almost on the side of my boot for really tight turns that blow away even the best skating defencemen. I came from the Reebok Ribcore skate which was a lot heavier and I just couldn't stand the lace lock feature and hardly ever found the pump up ankle feature very useful.This is not to say the Ribcor was a bad skate but for me it just wasn't what I wanted in a skate. The fit with these Tacks where an extremely familiar one from the first fitting, they felt exactly like my old 752 Kelvars,that I had some years back. I have to say that these are every bit as good and light as my backup pair of skates I have which are Bauer 170 Supremes. I think finally CCM's quality has returned to compete with some of the best skates on the market. I will let you know about the
durability of these skates in a follow up posting, but to date I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.
From: John, Brampton
Comments: I have had these skates for about 3 months and love them! These skates are extremely comfortable right out of the box. After baking them I was floating on the ice. The only downside is that it took me a few games till I got used to them. However, I am now skating very well with them. They are best for someone who has a wider foot, like myself. This is the perfect series for those who play several times a week. The quality of these skates are worth the price.
From: Kyle, Boynton Beach, FL
Comments: Best quality skate for this price point. I would avoid the 4052 entirely and spend the extra money for the 5052 or 6052. You can definitely feel the attack frame around your foot on the 5052. The pro-spec liner is important for me because I play 1-2 times per week through winter and summer.
Also, the boot is noticeably constructed with more effort and has superb out of the box fitting. I had fitting and comfort issues with the 4052, but after upgrading, I only regret not getting the higher model first.
From: Zim, Toronto, CAN
Comments: I switched into these from Graf G75's after taking a shot off the top of my foot making me want to change from a leather boot finally. I love them only problem I've had was the break in time other than that I love them more than my Grafs.
From: Ryan, Clovis, CA
Comments: I've missed the old Super Tacks line. Switched to Bauer Vapor line which are a fine skate, but when the Tack line came back out I had to give them a look. Boy was I not disappointed! Lighter boot, much stiffer for better ancle support, puts me more on my toes for stronger strides, and you feel the difference in the quads. Heated once and took 2-3 games to feel comfortable. They just power into turns on their own. Nice surprise there and now the test will be to see how long they hold up.
From: Eric, Lancaster, PA
Other Items to Consider
CCM Tacks Ice Hockey Skates 2015
The CCM Tacks 4052 Ice Hockey Skates offer a ton of value for the intermediate level player who's looking for advanced performance. The thick, white felt tongue and Dual-Zone Liner gives the player a professional fit and feel. The upgraded AttackFrame™ Quarter Package and the heat moldable T4 Core provide solid power and increases longevity.
Sizes Available: 6.5
The CCM Tacks 2052 Ice Hockey Skates are the entry level model in the Tacks Line, making them ideal for the casual or new-to-hockey player. The 2052 Tacks come with CCM's new SpeedBlade Pro Holder and SB Stainless Steel Runners. The Sublimated Nylon Quarter Package has a comfortable out of the box fit with ample support for recreational play.