Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Mako M5 Shin Guards are ideal for the intermediate to advanced player looking for solid protection and mobility.
Easton struck gold with their new anatomical knee design that allows for outstanding natural range of motion. Extending or retracting the knee is seamlessly easy and convenient, yet it does not allow for lateral movement or hyper-extension. Another advantage the free flexing knee provides is that it insures the protection is in the right place at all times.
The Mako M5 shin guard has strategically placed materials within the design to give the player excellent protection. The injected molded calf wrap backed by high density foam gives supreme protection to the rear part of the calf. The vital area on the outermost part of the leg is reinforced with thick layers of medium density foams which are also segmented boosting mobility.
- Model Number: A139528
- Heritage: New
- Level of Play Guideline: Performance
- Fit Guidelines: Tapered
- Easton Sizing Guidelines:
Shin Guard Size / Player Height
JR 10" / 4' - 4'4"
JR 11" / 4'4" - 4'8"
JR 12" / 4'8" - 5'
JR 13" / 5' - 5'4"
- Large ribbed impact zones disperse heavy impacts
- Sling Tec™ supports the shin a comfortable distance away from the outer shell of the pad
- Allows impacts to be dispersed before reaching the shin.
- Outer calf wrap is made of a high-density foam for great lightweight protection
- High-density foam on the inner calf wrap for superior coverage
- Medium-density foam located on knee joint and lower thigh
- Micro-mesh comfort liner
- Wicks away moisture while promoting ventilation
- Liner cradle helps sink in the shin while a large knee doughnut and a grip texture helps secure the knee
- Shin liner is removable and washable
- Held in with velcro and can be adjusted for a custom fit
- Ergonomic shin allows for the shin and knee to sit quite deep and comfortably
- Kneecap provides greater lateral support while locking the knee into proper position
- Tapeline just below the knee allowing the tape to rest evenly resulting in secure fit
- Tapered design helps to maximize mobility without sacrificing protection
- Two straps:
- 1.0" nylon strap under the back of the knee
- 1.5" elastic strap secures around the middle of the calf
- Weight: 658 grams (Based on a 14")
Other Items to Consider
Easton Hockey Shin Guards Junior & Youth
The Easton Stealth CX Hockey Shin Guards are the flagship shin pads featuring pro-level comfort, ventilation, and protection. Both the knee cap and shin guard are constructed of a thick molded PE (plastic) with a low-profile design, which decreases the overall weight while providing top-level protection.
The Easton Stealth C9.0 Hockey Shin Guards provide a high level of comfort and protection at an excellent price. The low-profile shin guard features a vented PE (hard plastic) shell and knee cap that gives great protection for shot blocking and the normal impacts inherent to hockey.
The Easton Stealth C7.0 Hockey Shin Guards provide lightweight protection with a low-profile design. The two-piece design uses a hard plastic shell in the shin and knee cap that are vented for great airflow.
The Easton Stealth C5.0 Hockey Shin Guards are great lightweight shin guards for recreational play. Easton designed a vented plastic shell and knee caps for great air flow while adding foam around the knee cap and down the calf for solid protection.
The Easton Stealth CX Youth Hockey Shin Guards are designed to protect the future all-stars as they work their way through youth hockey. The lightweight, hard plastic construction gives the perfect amount of protection without adding unnecessary bulk, and the protective foams extend to cover key areas.
The Easton Synergy HSX Shin Guards are the flagship model in the Synergy series, which offers all the top features Easton has to offer. Easton's Exo-Skel, Sling Tec™ and Arc lining all work together to provide a lightweight and protective shin guard that evaporates moisture quickly.
The Easton Synergy 80 Shin Guards offer great performance without that big price tag. These shin guards utilize high-quality features like the Exo-Skel armor plate on the calf wrap for good protection and Sling Tec™ technology to prevent impacts from reaching your knee.
The Easton Synergy 60 Shin Guards utilize higher quality materials for a good level of protection and mobility. High density foams throughout disperse high-energy impacts well and the E-Cell foam calf wrap provides excellent slash protection and air circulation.
The Easton Synergy 40 Shin Guards offer solid protection at a good price. These shin guards feature the E-Cell foam lattice on the calf wrap for excellent protection and air circulation.
The Easton Synergy 20 Shin Guards are the entry level model in the Synergy lineup. This shin guard features a tapered design that follows the shape of the leg for better responsiveness. The dual-density foam knee padding reduces impact energies while still providing a comfortable feel. Easton's Tru-Air cap promotes better air circulation to keep your knee dry.
The Easton Synergy HSX Shin Guards offer good protection and comfort for the kids who are just starting out. Dual density foams line the inside of the knee for better protection and the calf wrap covers the entire calf for comprehensive coverage. The moisture wicking liner is soft to the touch, providing a comfortable feel and fit.