Lowest Price Guarantee
The Easton Synergy 80 Grip Hockey Sticks are built for the player who's looking for a high-performance twig that's beefed up for extra durability. This Synergy 80 features all of the great HyperTune™ and HyperToe™ technologies seen on the flagship HTX model, but it's sidewalls have been thickened for a stronger overall design.
The new feature seen throughout most of the new Synergy Line is the HyperTune™ Blade Stiffness Profile. These are rod stiffeners in the middle of the blade that dictate the blade's stiffness profile, matching it to the shaft's stiffness profile. Having matching blade and shaft stiffness profiles allow players who are using all sorts of different flexes to fully maximize the velocity and power the Synergy 80's have to offer.
The HyperToe™ and HyperTune™ Technology work hand in hand to the create the most amount of shot power possible in the least amount of time. The HyperToe™ toe rod stiffeners simulate a "diving board effect" when shooting; the further out the puck is placed on the toe, the more velocity your shot will have. The variety of Dual-Lie Curves are the icing on top because they guide a player's shooting angle into the optimal location to fully load the HyperTune™ Blade and the mid-taper flex profile.
- Heritage: New
- Level of Player: Ideal for the advanced to pro level of player
- Construction: Fused Two-Piece
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded Corners / Straight Sidewalls
- Flex Point: Mid kick
- Weight: 460 grams (based on E36 curve, 85 flex)
- Molded Uni-Carbon Shaft
- Thick-walled design like the classic Easton ST Stick for great durability
- Universally aligned fibers throughout the shaft make for a featherlight feel with excellent balance and responsiveness
- Improved design and carbon lay-up for improved energy transfer and durability compared to the Velocity Series
- Fused two-piece construction
- Flex Profile:
- Traditional Mid Kick Point
- Offers a solid balance of hard power and a quick shot release
- Pro inspired shaft dimensions
- Straight side walls with rounded corners
- Shaft dimensions used by most Easton Pro players
- Grippy stick finish with Tri-Cell raised ridges on the corners, top side and under side.
- HyperTune™ Technology
- A pro-requested blade stiffness profile that matches the shaft's flex profile
- Creates a much more consistent and efficient load and release process for all flex ratings
- Achieved through rod "stiffeners" in the middle of the blade
- The stiffness of these rods match the shaft's flex rating
- HyperToe™ Blade Design
- Staggered ribs added to the toe for increased stiffness and durability
- Provides a more accurate and responsive shot
- Optimizes the toe-shooting style for maximum velocity
- Multi-Rib Blade
- Segmented Airex Foam Core
- Aerospace-grade foam for improved response and puck feel
- Improved stability and better life expectancy of blade-stiffness
- Uni-Carbon construction with 3k carbon weave
- Micro-Bladder construction process
- Gives players a more consistent feel for the puck from heel to toe
- Flex: 75, 85, and 100
- Length: 59.5"
Comments: Overall: lightweight and durable. Excellent stick for the price point. If you like the way higher price point sticks play but want some additional durability/lifespan this is an excellent choice.
Shaft: The mid-kick and taper give the shaft a responsive feel without being too whippy. The thickened sidewalls on the shaft are nice. I've taken a lot of face offs and battled heavily in the corners with it. I don't worry about it breaking easily. I'm entirely indifferent to the raised texturing. The grip coating wears off easily and isn't the same as the thicker style you'll find on the HTX. (A-)
Blade: Has a pretty good but not great feel for stick handling. However, the Hypertoe/Hypertune is excellent. Shooting feels great. (B+)
From: Wade, Chicago, IL