Lowest Price Guarantee
The Reebok 5K hockey shin guard is great for the player on a budget. The 5k shin guard has a few cool features you won't find on lowers level entry models. The 5k shin guard comes with a soft nylon liner that is removable for washing. The 5k also has the Quickstrap system you would find on higher end models. This nylon strap is a secure three-point design that harnesses the pad to the leg.
The 5K shin pad uses the famous JDP® knee cap and JOFA® shin shell. This shell designs result in excellent impact dispersion resulting in stronger more protection pads. The Reebok shin shell has a less tapered design moving down into the ankle area than some of the other manufacturers. This results in a slightly wider fit in the lower leg portion.
The Liner on the 5k is made of very comfortable nylon. The liner is completely removable for drying and washing.The 5k also features a Quickstrap design like on higher end Reebok models. This strap wraps around the calf securing the lower portion of the pad. This nylon strap is a secure three-point design.
- Model Year: 2012
- Model Number: SG5K
- Heritage: Reebok 4K
- Level of Play: Ideal for entry to intermediate level of play
- Reebok sizing guidelines:
Pad size / Player height
14" / 5'4"-5'7"
15" / 5'7"-5'10"
16" / 5'10"-6'2"
- JDP® knee cap
- Joint Discharge Principle (JDP) - Disperses the force of impact away from the knee joint
- JOFA® designed NHL shin cap - Uses a series of arches to give the pad maximum strength as well as preventing a direct impact and dispersing the energy from an impact
- Extended ankle protection
- Foam knee joint protection
- Foam calf wrap
- JDP® knee cap
- Removable soft nylon liner with knee donut
- Nylon Quickstrap- "V" design strap (3-point strap) wraps around the calf securing the lower portion of the pad to the leg
- Kinetic fit system (KFS)
- Segmented protection that moves "intelligently" with the player
Comments: Great pads, and the price isn't bad either. I like the wider profile of these, while
others may not so much. I got a 15, which is what I always wear, but think maybe a 16 would
have fit better.
Comments: Great shin pad for the price, nice and wide for excellent coverage. I never feel a
thing when blocking a shot off my legs. I say they're a great purchase for a player that likes
to spend time parked in front of the net.