IW Hockey is here to ensure you have all the information you need to make the right purchase for your game. Whether you are looking for help choosing the perfect size, selecting the appropriate level gear, or improving your skills, IW Hockey has the tools you need.
Hockey glove sizes are broken down into single inch measurements such as 13”, 14” and 15”. Older hockey gloves sizes were based off of the overall length of the glove. However, today’s hockey gloves use shorter cuffs that offer improved mobility.
The information below is to be used as a guideline only and
DOES NOT guarantee fit. The chart is not specific to any item or brand.
Should an item have sizing guidelines provided by the manufacturer, they will be provided for you within the product description next to that item. In other words, if sizing guidelines are seen with the product description online, DO NOT reference the general guideline below.
Glove Sizing Instructions
- Measure the distance in inches from the base of the palm to the tip of the middle finger.
- Multiply this number by two to get the approximate glove size. I.e. if the measurement of a player’s palm is 7”, they would multiply 7” by 2, thus indicating a 14” hockey glove should fit them best.
- To ensure a given glove properly fits, place it on the hand and check to see that the wrist is fully covered by the cuff and the fingertips do not protrude out past the end of the glove’s fingertips.
- If the glove is too small, it will inadequately protect a player’s hand because their fingertips will protrude past the glove’s fingertips, thus leaving them exposed to impacts. The cuff will also be too short, leaving too large of a gap between the bottom of the elbow pad and the top of the cuff.
- If the glove is too large, it will inhibit wrist mobility since the top of the cuff will overlap the bottom of the elbow pad too much. The player’s fingers will not sufficiently reach far enough in the glove’s fingertips, thus inhibiting finger dexterity.
General Sizing Guidelines
Still have questions? Please call 800-366-3070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org