The Easton Mako M5 Hockey Shaft offers great performance, and many of the same features as the Mako shaft. The straight side walls and rounded corner design makes for a great traditional feel preferred by most Easton Pro players.
The Mako M5 shafts offer many of the same features as the one-piece Mako M5 stick. The Mako M5 shaft is compression molded and wrapped in a ballistic woven Kevlar® which will provide excellent dampening for improved puck feel and will protect the shaft from slashes and when blocking shots.
- Model Year: 2012
- Heritage: New for 2012
- Level of Play: Ideal for intermediate to advanced level of play
- Shaft Style: Traditional
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Straight sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Blade Compatibility: Traditional blades
- Weight: 329 grams (based on 85 flex shaft)
- Proprietary woven Kevlar®/Graphite shaft
- Compression molded process
- Ballistic woven Kevlar® outer layer wrap
- Provides vibration dampening for improved puck feel
- Impact protection from slashes and shots
- Flex Profile:
- Tuned taper section built with Easton's Elite Stiffness Profile to pro specs - Offers quick shot release and controlled puck reaction
- Geometry: Pro inspired shaft dimensions
- Straight side walls, and rounded corners
- Shaft dimensions used by most Easton Pro players
- Grip: Smooth matte finish
- Flex: 85, 100, 110
- Length: 51"
Comments: Bought the 100 flex for ice and was very dissapointed. I love the Bauer 102 flex for ice but sadly broke my X60 and thought I would try this...the 100 flex feels like an 87 flex. Guess I should have gotten the 110... I like the feel/shape of the shaft and the matte finish and the flex profile is very nuetral, flexes right in the middle so its very predictible is good for all kinds of shots.
From: Gear Executive, Fort Collins, CO