You Save: $
The Easton Mako Grip Hockey Shafts are the premier tapered hockey shafts from Easton. The Mako shafts offer many of the same features as the one-piece Mako stick. The Mako shaft is compression molded and wrapped in a ballistic woven Kevlar® which will provide excellent dampening for improved puck feel and will protect the shaft from slashes and when blocking shots. The shaft also features a tuned taper hosel which will offer a quick shot release. Shaft length 55", available in 85 and 100 flex
- Model Year: 2012
- Heritage: New for 2012
- Level of Play: Ideal for advance to pro level of play
- Shaft Style: Tapered
- Shaft Dimensions: Rounded corners/Straight sidewalls
- Flex Point: Low kick
- Blade Compatibility: Tapered blades
- Weight: To be weighed upon arrival
- Proprietary woven Kevlar®/Graphite shaft
- Ballistic woven Kevlar® outer layer wrap
- Provides vibration dampening for improved puck feel
- Impact protection froms slashes and shots
- Flex Profile:
- Tuned taper section built with Easton's Elite Stiffness Profile to pro specs - Offers quick shot release and controlled puck reaction
- Geometry: Pro inspired shaft dimensions
- Straight side walls, and rounded corners
- Shaft dimensions used by most Easton Pro players
- Grip: Grip stick coating
- Flex: 85, 100
- Length: 55"
Comments: I love this shaft! I repeat I love this shaft! Just broke my ST and a Bauer TotalONE and decided to pick this up. Although it is not like the ST (Mako M5 replaced that line) or a
TotalONE I think it falls some where in the middle of those two sticks. It feels solid but also has a nice balance and good response to it. The flex point is nice and my shot release is more accurate and my stick handling has become a little smoother. The grip is not over kill and you can still run your hand up and down the shaft pretty cleanly. Obviously it depended on what blade you pair it with ( I have a Warrior DD attached to it ) but again this shaft feels pretty balanced.
All in all I am super happy to have picked this shaft up and plann on getting another. At this price how could you go wrong.
From: Paul, CA
Comments: I loved the one piece I had. Blade cracked on me which is my fear for buying one piece sticks. Can't wait to see if the shaft gives me the same feel.
From: Eric, PA